When my kids were younger, there was a pond within walking distance of our house. We loved doing nature study by the pond. We bought bug keepers and magnifying glasses at the dollar store. The kids loved catching bugs and examining them up close. They loved trying to catch tadpoles in the pond to explore, as well.
There are so many learning opportunities at the pond. Study the lifecycle of frogs and butterflies. Study the different insects and animals that live at the pond. Ponds have unique plant life, as well. Kids can study cattails and lily pads. Study frogs and turtles up close.
Enjoy God’s creation up close and personal this spring and summer with these fun printable pages and unit study resources.
Life at the Pond Unit Study
Pond-Themed Crafts and Projects
- Tissue Paper Snail at No Time for Flashcards
- Pond Life Sensory Play at Kids Play Box
- In the Small, Small Pond Activities at Totally Tots
- Sticky Tongue Frog Craft at Kids Activities Blog
- Learning with Nature – Tadpoles at Rainy Day Mum
- Homemade Underwater Magnifying Glass at One Time Through
- Life Cycle of a Frog Sensory Play at Live and Play
- Frog Footprints Art Project at Education.com
- Paper Plate Turtle at Fun Crafts 4 Kids
- Free Frog Pond Play Dough Printable at Life Over C’s
Pond-Themed Snacks and Treats
- Ladybug Pretzel Snacks at Meaningful Mama
- Fun, Fruity Turtle Snack at Little Monkeys
- Duck Pond Sand Pudding Snack at See Mom Click
- Frog in a Pond at Cookies or Biscuits
- Turtle Jello Fruit Cup at The Keeper of the Cheerios
Books About Life at the Pond
Now it’s time for this week’s Hearts for Home Blog Hop!
Link up your family-friendly posts, and you may be featured next week! If you have written about homeschooling, homemaking, parenting, marriage, DIY, or anything else that’s family-friendly link it up below. I’m looking forward to seeing what you guys have been doing since our last link-up!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.marriagemotherhoodandmissions.com/hearts-for-home-blog-hop-hosts/" title="Hearts for Home Blog Hop" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.marriagemotherhoodandmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/CoHostH4HButton300x300.jpg" alt="Hearts for Home Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Please share your family friendly posts with us! By linking up you agree that if your blog post is selected to be featured on any of our hosts’ blogs that we can use an image from your post with a link back to your post.