Wrap up National Poetry Month with a little study of Roald Dahl and his works. I’ll be honest and admit I had no idea Roald Dahl was a poet. However, when I was trying to decide on another poet to feature this month, his name popped up a few times.
While I am very familiar with his works of children’s fiction, his poetry is very new to me. So, let’s wrap up National Poetry Month with a study of the poetry of one of our favorite children’s authors – Roald Dahl.
Listen to His Poetry
- Listen to The Crocodile being read aloud.
- Listen to Roald Dahl’s version of Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf.
Activities to Go Along with Roald Dahl’s Books
- Activities for James and the Giant Peach
- Fantastic Mr. Fox mask
- Origami Fox
- Candy favors for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Make dream jars like the ones in The BFG.
- Make your own concoctions after reading George’s Marvelous Medicine.
- Lunch ideas for Roald Dahl Day.
Books by Roald Dahl
Free Roald Dahl Printable
I’ve created a fun new printable pack for your learners to use when learning about Roald Dahl. Inside this printable pack, you will find the following activities:
- a K-W-L chart
- biography pages
- character chart
- copywork – print and cursive
- writing prompt
- draw and write
- word search
- and more
To download your free printable pack, please enter your information below. You should receive your download link within the hour. If, after an hour, you have not received your link, please contact me and we’ll figure it out together.