Emma, my resident artist and crafter-at-large, is constantly searching for her next arts and craft project. However, I am very leery of allowing her to search online on her own. So, I have created the following round-up post for her benefit.
Some of these will be fun to work on with her. Others, she will have a blast making for herself or someone she loves. I’m hoping she’ll let me teach her to crochet this winter, and we’ll have fun making scarves and such together.
I’m also loving all of the ‘melted snowman’ crafts and projects around the web, and she already has her eye on a few of these, as well.
Winter Crafts for Tweens
Winter Art Projects
- I’ve mentioned before how much Emma loves the chalk art tutorials from Hodgepodge. She also has quite an obsession with penguins. This Penguins of Madagascar Art Tutorial combines two of her favorite things. We did the mug of hot chocolate few years ago, and it still hangs in our school room. I’d love for her to add the fireplace and the snowman to my wall.
- After playing in the snow with her bestie, Emma and Gracie will love this Pointillism Snowman.
- I love these Winter Birch Trees at Art Projects for Kids.
- She’ll love learning to draw this funny snowman on skis or this penguin.
- Emma will love making this winter cardinal for her Daddy – a St. Louis Cardinals fan!
- I love this cute snowman card. While the creator used a Cricut machine, I think it could definitely be done with just paper and scissors.
Winter Crafts for Tweens
- What ballerina wouldn’t love this fun wreath in their room. It looks like a tutu!
- With a soft spot for all animals, Emma will be all over these bird feeders.
- I love these giant popsicle stick snowflakes. We have a sitting area similar to this in our school room crying that is calling for some wall decorations.
- We already have plans for making melted snowman cookies. We may make these or these. Maybe we’ll make some gingerbread snowmen, too.
Winter Handicrafts for Tweens
- Em has made hand warmers before, but we lost them in our move. It is so cold here in the Cinci area, and we sure could use some more! These make great ice packs, too.
- Easy knitting with straws – maybe we can learn this one together!
- We had a great time making body butters and salt/sugar scrubs at Christmas. Maybe this Cocoa Peppermint Lip Balm will be our next DIY project.
- Bake cupcakes and top them with these marshmallow snowmen.
- Bake a snowman pizza for lunch!
- Tweens can make string art snowflakes to decorate their rooms.
- Sew a simple felt tote bag. This would be perfect for a library bag.
- Repurpose old sweater to become new leg warmers. These would be fun for ballet night.
So, do you have a crafty tween? Which project would he or she love to tackle this winter?